Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Diabetes bloopers - Wednesday 5/11

Diabetes bloopers!  - this one is hard for me because it's only been two years.

I love the omni pod because all you have to do is hit the "start" button and it pops the tube in.  So fast forward when a couple months ago I got the Dexcom, crap is what I said when I opened the box.  I think I left it sitting there for a few weeks so I could work up the courage to put it on.  I even called the rep and asked if someone is going to show me how to do this.  Um no, watch the video! Crap again.  So when I finally got the courage one night, book in front of me, that scary looking needle thing and swabs, I placed it on my stomach and started to push the plunger and OMG that hurts, oh crap, oh crap - I wonder if I can just pull this back out!!  I finally got it in oh after about 10 minutes of calming myself down.  Later that night I told hubs about it and what I had to do - he wanted to know if he could do it the next time.  I don't think so.

The only other thing would be how hubs has to punch me at night when the dexcom is yelling at me and I'm sleeping through it.

April

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates